Heated Indoor Hydrotherapy Pool
Custom built indoor hydrotherapy pool heated at 32’C with purpose built rest, entry, physio and viewing platforms. Our centre uses Quantum Photocatalytic Oxidiser water purification systems.
We are fully qualified and registered with the Canine Hydrotherapy Association UK
Our custom built large indoor pool, measuring 5m x 4m is fully equipped with it’s own ramp allowing dogs to easily walk in, a resting pod where our hydrotherapists & physiotherapists will perform stretches and massages during exercise rest intervals and a direct customer viewing area.
Experts estimate that a minute swim is equivalent to a mile run with no impact on the joints.
At first all dogs are fitted with boyancy jackets prior to entering the pool and will always be on a one to one basis with our qualified hydrotherapist. When confidence and swimming ability increases we can sometimes then move to a handling harness for the sessions which removes all boyancy aid and makes your dog’s core muscle groups work harder.
Our Hydro pool is heated to 32’C degrees centigrade which helps with pain relief and assists with reducing muscle spasms. Emerging in water allows for a completely non weight bearing exercise which is perfect for dogs who are on a restricted land program to mobilize natural movement.
Whilst supporting the joints, it also enables your dog to exercise at a level which cannot be gained on land when suffering from an injury/illness therefore the dog builds muscle mass at a much significant rate and reduces fats.
Hydrotherapy pool work can make improvements in:
- Relief of pain, swelling & stiffness.
- Muscle strengthening, bulk & maintenance.
- Increased range of motion in joints.
- Improvement in circulation.
- Alleviating muscle spasm.
- Cardiovascular fitness (heart & lungs)
- Increased speed of recovery & tissue healing.
- Increased proprioception & gait modification.
- Weight Loss.
The conditions we commonly help and treat are:
- Hip and Elbow dysplasia – especially useful for young dogs who are restricted to lead exercise
- Patella Luxation
- Osteoarthritis (DJD) primary and secondary to developmental conditions
- Total Hip Replacement
- Femoral Head and Neck Excision (FHNE)
- Cranial Cruciate Rupture- TPLO/TTA/Lateral Suture
- Patella Luxation
- Degenerative Myelopathy (DM)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion/Degenerative Disc Disease
- Fibro-Cartilaginous Embolism (FCE)
- Cervical Vertebral Malformation
- Spinal Injury/Trauma/Shock
- Neuromuscular Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Ligament strain
- Muscle strains/sprains
Canine Health & Hydro is a referral only centre, your Vet or Orthopedic Specialist must make your dog’s referral to us before your assessment and taster session using the Refer Online section of this website, this is a very simple process and should take no more than 5 minutes. This can only be completed by your vet or authorized member of their practice. We will also liaise with your vets regarding progress, treatments etc
We are fully qualified and registered with the Canine Hydrotherapy Association UK.
Most insurance companies cover the cost of hydrotherapy and rehabilitation, usually in their complimentary therapy section. Please check your policy beforehand.